August 15, 2017
WTI Advisors Seeks to Hire Trade Lawyer With DS, Remedies & IP Experience and Ideally Chinese Language Capabilities
WTI Advisors is seeking to hire a young trade lawyer with expertise and experience in WTO/FTA dispute settlement, trade remedies and intellectual property, and who ideally speaks, reads and writes Chinese, to be based in the company's Geneva office. Entrepreneurial spirit and resilience are essential.
WTI Advisors is seeking to hire a young trade lawyer with expertise and experience in WTO/FTA dispute settlement, trade remedies and intellectual property, and who ideally speaks, reads and writes Mandarin, to be based in the company's Geneva office. Engagement and pay are on a quasi-entrepreneurial basis, so the related spirit and resilience are essential attributes you will need.
Education, Qualifications and General Skills
- Trained lawyer, ideally fully qualified in at least one jurisdiction
- Masters or PhD in/closely related to trade/investment law
- Excellent and reliable general and legal English, written and spoken
- Highly client-focused, result-seeking and solution-oriented
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fully computer literate
- At least three, preferably more years of professional practice in a high quality professional environment (law firm, ministry, international organization, etc.)
Specific Experience and Skills
- At least three years of professional experience in trade law, policy and economics
- At least two years of hands-on practice in WTO/FTA dispute settlement
- At least two years of hands-on practice related to trade remedies
- Good understanding of, and ideally some practice related to, intellectual property and the TRIPS Agreement or similar disciplines in FTAs
- Written and spoken Chinese language capabilities would be a major asset
This engagement is linked to our Geneva office. A Swiss work permit or EEA nationality will make things considerably easier (a legal preference under Swiss immigration law applies as well).
The engagement will be on a partly entrepreneurial (success) basis. A good part of our work happens under donor-funded projects. Both together mean that you need to be willing to deliver high quality work for high-profile, demanding clients in the context of an overall moderate level of pay, partly on a success/project basis. (If this is not for you, or if you don't fulfill all requirements, better don't apply.)
Interested and qualified? Send you application (cover letter and CV) by email to email@example.com. Deadline is 22 September 2017.